Teacher Training Program
THURSDAYS 7:00 – 10:00pm
We are studying Great Treasury of Merit by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso with Resident Teacher Kadam Angie Kane.
This book is an extensive commentary to the profound traditional Guru yoga practice, Offering to the Spiritual Guide, the gateway through which we can accumulate the merit, or good fortune, necessary for successful Tantric practice. Although the main practice is reliance upon a Spiritual Guide, it also includes all the essential practices of the stages of the path (Lamrim) and training the mind (Lojong), as well as both the generation stage and completion stage of Highest Yoga Tantra.
Joining the Teacher Training Program
The donation for Teacher Training Program is $90 per month, which includes membership for all TTP classes, general program classes, retreats, and a discounted rate for day courses. Kadampa Meditation Center San Diego is a registered not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to benefiting the general public through our International Temples Project.
If you have the wish to join the Teacher Training Program or would like to learn more, please contact the Education Program Coordinator at KMC San Diego, 619.230.5852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Program
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program (TTP) is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers. All Resident Teachers of Kadampa Buddhist Centers follow this in-depth program of study and practice. The program comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
The Teacher Training Program requires an enrollment to participate in this program.